Thursday, October 18, 2007

a birthday and a finished back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The back of my gray cardigan is all done! I have been working on it daily and I am pleased. I do think the gauge may be a tad off , but so far i am feeling good about it ...I am working on the left front now. I am excited because this will last me for years if the construction is good. . I can really see my self wearing this over the next few winters...I love sweaters..Mainly cardigans...I bought the wool from Rhinebeck last October...30 balls for little over 30 bucks..So far i have made a poncho with it and this cardie will be the another major project with this yarn. It truly went a long way. I have also kept the stitch and bitch designers diary by my side and of late, in my knitting bag. It truly helped me to keep focused with all my notes from gauge to the repeats. It really helped me alot.
I have been sooo busy on the phones at work that I have done what i always do , I knit !!!

I have a 12 year old in the house today! My eldest turned 12 !!!!! I can hardly believe my kids are this old ..I am not complaining ... Independent kids are good kids ..shoo ,knit-boy1 is only 8 and he can iron his school clothes ( i mean dress shirts too) and make his own lunch ..He got lasagna construction pretty down too...I really was not partial, any thing girls can do , boys can too!!! ...Shoooo, my daughter ( if i had one ) would have to walk the dogs and rake leaves, and pump her bike tire just like any other kid ..Its about balance ....

but back to..... "I can hardly believe my kids are this old " ..... Where did the time go? I need more time , no really ..In just 4 short years this man will be driving, in 6 he'll graduate ! So I want to really really have a good time this last decade with them . this last decade they still HAVE to listen to me , that is ....After that , I have to grin and bear the decisions my happy adult children makes... That is gggggrrrrrrrrin and bear it !!!! lol..

Sorry, feeling mushy today ....The old man and I celebrated 14 years of union yesterday also..Well , lets just say it was the day we started going together and rebelling and pissing off my mother....lol... kids in love ....sigh ....

Nothing special was planned.. except Saturday.............. we leave for (DRUMROLLL puhleeeez !!!! ) Rhinebeck so we'll have some wholesome family fun then!!!!

I have gone to Rhinebeck now 2 years in a row.....This year I am bringing my men with me. I am excited. My husband has accepted my hobby as a way of life for me and he is so supportive and he is also driving ( while i knit) good deal !!! My sons will enjoy the sheep dog shows , walking around, driving thru Sleepy Hollow and eating like giant ants ( anything they can ) ..hubby just want the sheer satisfaction and enjoyment of getting us there faster than any one else could have and basically just wants to see a smile on my face ....

no prob...

From Rhine beck I want :
wine 40$
gemstones 50$
sock pattern book 20$
a few balls of virgin wool in green, hot pinks and some other funky colors. 40-50$
some oil for my spinning wheel 5$
a male cardigan pattern 5$
1 size 2 and 3 DPN needles for socks 15$
hemp ....yarn or fiber 20$
secret pal 20$

I plan to take tons of pics as usual .I need to invest in a sd card just for knitting files ...
that would be smart, considering the whole family gang shares the diggie cam..

lata

No comments: