Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cotton Candy and Big toe blues...








Secret Pal ,you are the bomb !

Thank you so much for all the cotton candy u sent me ..I will be sure to make up some lovely yarn with it ..The sachet was a great idea, thank you for thinking ahead !

I am sorry i have been playing hide and seek . But i have increased my hours at the ole plantation and I have been getting used to the busier autumn / school schedule.

I have been playing catch up with my knitting also.
My purple top , that i cooed about only a few short entries ago , all in vain .., went to poop !!!!!!!59 stitches o my needles, when the pattern calls for 60 stitches for the small size .So i fudged up big time and I got a case of fiber blues, or knit-itis or just plain ole sad..I knit on though, and knitted two purple stockinette panels one of course was 59 stitches wide , the other had the 60 the pattern called for !!! SAD .. so what to do with these p-p-p-panels ? might seam em up and add straps .. don't have a real plan yet .. Maybe make two more , lighter shade or different shade and seam 'em up and call it a baby blanket?

In more painful news, I hurt my big toe( really bad and bloody) and will not spun until next week!!!! In opening a metal door, i managed to drag it over my big toe and cracked my nail in doing so... hurt !!!! I am sooooooo very very rusty at spinning on my wheel already ...getting better slowly ..now with this needed pause for my toe it will take me a minute to get my rhythm back that i had the last attempt over a week ago......Consistency is key as we all know...Yeah that's the life .....
But i will get over it and spin again , next week end , when the toe has had some healing time ....not to mention ...The lovely book my pal got me will be a great help and already serves as good advice and eye candy on my shelf!!! LoVe It !!!!


take care my fiber friends





No comments: