Thursday, August 16, 2007

Crafty Crochet Chick

Tonight is the Knottie Hottie meeting..Can't wait to see my fiber crafting buddies !!!!!

My spinning wheel is here ! I have a great deal where i can keep it where i bought it , use it all while i pay for it !!! Can't beat that !

I am very very excited ...This will be a means of keeping my hands busy,decrease my smoking habit and keep me out of the LYS..

I want to spin hemp , soy and silk....but will mostly spin wool and hemp ..
I can't wait !! I can see my hand spun now , different weights and colors ...
It is a good feel to know I'll be that much in tune with my craft ! That much in tune with the earth; with nature.. with crafting hands and hearts who came before me ...

So my car has been down and off the road since Monday ! I grew up using the bus systems though so I don't mind and you meet so many interesting individuals on the bus....I always get a lot of comments on my knitting and get a lot of rows complete ....

So yesterday when I was waiting for the bus at the terminal, I debated walking the rest of the way home or just chilling and sitting my impatient butt down and waiting ...

So as I turn out the door to get my walk on , I was distracted by a beautiful young lady crocheting ...WOW.. what a sight to see ...I was floored and if you know me, you know I walked right up to her, introduce my self , invited her to the Knottie Hotties meetings,then sat and knit with her while we waited for the bus ,which it turns out, my bus was the same bus she was waiting for, we live a few blocks from each other ....and she will come to the meetings ..

how very exciting is that ????

No comments: