Sunday, August 12, 2007

What i learned this weekend...

A pleasant weekend indeed . I think I finally figured out how to ignore people who make me maddddd ! Really~ it has taken a long, long time to get my mind to wrap around the notion of saying"no" and not allowing anyone to push my buttons and how to be mature enough to know when I feel the vibes and will need to actively ignore comments and behavior that would normally have me telling some one 'bout their mama! Ultimately, messing up my day....

Sometimes you got to ignore even loved ones~ children, husband, parents included, because at the end of the day life goes on and every body will still be alive !!!!! This great knowledge has come at good time when my son is going through the "big change!" He is about to be 12 but you'd think he was about to be 48 ;the amount of "stuff" he carries around on his mind..He is very touchy and emotional when he is not running round acting like a 5 year old and goofing with his bros....I can't believe that in a few short years he will be dating and driving and going off to college....

Until then I have to grin and bear adolescence all over again ....
to be a good parent ....is to remember that you were once a child .....I must I must I must remember that ! Especially when dealing with cranky preteens!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knitting Stuff :

Thumping through my S&B book I remember how i wanted to make this ...so I cast on in purple cotton ...

One day she'll look like this :


Why the knew project?
Well, (mercy me)
~when I tried on my current UFO , I realized that my gauge , knitting and/ or yarn was all off I frogged it... It sagged from my frame ! eh-eh ! " HATED IT " not happy !
But you know what :
waah, waah, waah, I cried me a river , built me a bridge and GOT OVER IT !!!!
(hubby taught me that one ...tooo funny )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In sexier , more muscular news :

My DIY guy (Hubby ) does it again! He is busy building the kids a ramp for their skate boarding and bike endeavours... Yeah totally inspirational ..Bob the Builder watch yo ass !

PEACE




1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Oooh, I am loving your "no" attitude and that incredible knit pink top! You are going to make that? Wonderful!