Tuesday, August 7, 2007

From secr't pal 2 secr't pal

The Questionnaire : Answered !



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I don't have a favorite yarn as yet.I do however like natural fibers, especially hemp.What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I LOVE NATURAL fibers with the exception of cotton. I don't mind acyclic blends, but hate, hate, variegated yarns !

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my needles in a beautiful tall glass vase

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?Learned thru knit meet-ups , 70+ year old bad ass knitting mentor ( she is a real bad ass knitter, The Original Knitting Gangsta, I like to call her, books and the net. Thank GOD for google. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 3 years now. I am a seasoned but still need a few tricks to consider myself intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? nah

5. What's your favorite scent? girlie and musky. strong but not deadly..... Smell My ...knits.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? JUST SAY NO !

17. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I journal daily , write poetry and stories. Do you spin? I spin on spindle and will soon own my own wheel.

18. What kind of music do you like? Reggae , hip hop, easy listening elevator and hold music , no really Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? yes , she can. (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? I have a love for RED,GOLD,GREEN. Rasta colors .Any colors you just can't stand? I have no real color hate ...pastels and Hot Pinks turn me on some times..

10. What is your family situation? 1husband, 3 sons ages 12,10,8 Do you have any pets? Two quiet frogs and fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? ponchos,scarves,hats haven't had the luxury of wearing hand made mittens yet.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? something ( just a tad complex)to lose my self in, something to watch television and talk with, or tote to work.

13. What are you knitting right now? a scarf with leaves, stems ,flowers

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circular , my Denise needles suit me , bamboos are nice too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? not yet , lol , soon as it's in the budget

17. How old is your oldest UFO? a few months,

18. What is your favorite holiday? Holidays :) I have two: Thanksgiving & Kwanzaa

19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect cans for recycling and cash ( DIY chick)nice pens, Lucite bracelets and funky costume jewelry and clear lipglosses.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I could use the latest issue of KNIT1 or Vogue , I don't have a subscription ...okay, okay I didn't pay for all those subscriptions..

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Spinning on a wheel ( will start at the end of Aug, wheel on layaway )

22. Are you a sock knitter? I can knit a sock up tot he heel ,then it all gets fuzzy from there! Will try again , not until the winter hits and I build more heel tackling confidence. What are your foot measurements? save 8.5 women

23. When is your birthday? 11-30-78

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Rava-who ?

Dearest Pal,
Welcome to my humble knitting adobe.
I am pleased to greet you !
I want you to know that while all the above is true, the bones of it is , I am a simple,self improving, Eco-conscious vegetarian of African-Caribbean decent who has a big family and likes to get my knit on with a passion!
I will be spinning soon and am totally wild on the idea. I will try to entertain you and make you feel at home; forgive me if I am a tad forgetful with my post ,I will try to share with the world what you share with me....All in all , let's have fun and I want to thank you in advance for spoiling me I am forever gracious !!!!


ps: please- please- please- don't bail on me !
love ya and happy happy SP!!


PEACE

No comments: